Monday, May 26, 2003

A story from Yin Yue Ri Ji - 93.3fm


Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for
those who fear,
too long for those who grieve, too short for those
who rejoice,
but for those who love, time is eternity."

My husband is a scientist by profession. I love him
for his rock-steady
nature, and I love the warm feeling while I lean
against his broad shoulder.

Three years in the courtship, and now, two years
into marriage, I have to
admit, I am getting tired. Reasons for loving him
have now transformed into
the cause of my restlessness. I am a sentimental
woman; thus sensitive and
fragile when it comes to relationships and feelings.
I yearn for romantic
moments, like a little boy yearning for candy. My
husband is a complete
contrast; his lack of sensitivity, and above all,
his inability to bring
romantic moments into our marriage, has disheartened
me.

One day, I finally decided to tell him my decision,
that i want a divorce
"Why?" he asked, shocked.
"I am tired, and there aren't reasons for everything
in the world" I
answered.

He kept silent, deep thoughts the whole night with
cigarette lit throughout.

My disappointment intensified. A man who can't even express his anguish, his
hopes that I'd stay on... what else can I hope from
him?Finally he asked, "
What can I do to change your mind?"

Somebody said it right, it's hard to change a
person's personality, and I
guess, I have started losing faith in him. Looking
deep into his eyes, I
slowly answered : "Here is a question, if you can
find the answer in my
heart, I will change my mind. If I see a flower on a
mountain cliff and I
really love it, and in picking the flower, it's sure
to cause death, will
you do it for me?"

He said :" I will give you your answer tomorrow..."
My heart just sank on
hearing his response.

The next morning, he was not around when I awoke. I
saw a piece of paper
with his characteristic messy scribble. It goes:

"Dear,
I would not pick that flower for you, but please
allow me to further tell
you my reasons," The first sentence has already
broken my heart.

I continue reading.

"You often type using the computer and always crash
the PC system, then end
up crying before the monitor; so I have to save my
fingers so that I can
help to restore the programmes.

You always misplace the house key; thus I have to
save my legs to rush home
to open the door for you.

You love travelling but always lose your way in a
new city; I have to save
my eyes to lead you the way.

You always has the cramp whenever your "good friend"
approaches every month;
I have to save my palm so that I can soothe the
cramps at your tummy.

You like to stay indoors, but I worry that you will
be infected by infantile
autism. Because of that, I have to save my mouth to
tell you jokes and
stories to cure your boredom.

You always stare at the computer screen, and that is
no good for your eyes.
I have to save my eyes so that when we grow older, I
can help to clip your
nails,and help to remove those annoying white hairs.

I will hold your hand, stroll down the beach, enjoy
the sunshine and the
beautiful sand, tell you the colour of flowers which
look just like the glow
on your young face...

Thus, my dear, before I am sure that there is
someone who loves you more
than I do, I would not pick the flower, or die.. "

My tears dropped on the letter and the words
blurred. I continued to read...

"And now, dear... you have finished reading my
answer. If you are satisfied
with these answers, please open the house door, for
I am standing out here
with your favorite bread and fresh milk...

I rushed to pull open the door. His anxious face
appeared, with his hand
holding tight to the glass of milk and the piece of
bread...

Oh I am sure no one will ever love me as much, and I
have decided to leave
the flower alone...

That's life, or some say, love. When one is surrounded by love and the
excitement fade aways, and one tends to overlook the
true love that lies
between the peace and dullness.

Love appears in any form; very miniscule and even
corny form. It has never
been a model, it could be the most unglamourous,
undramatic. Flowers,
romantic moments... These are all on the surface of
the relationship.

Beneath all it, the pillar of true love stands...

Winamp playing : Matchbox twenty - unwell

No comments: