Friday, January 02, 2004

Finally get to log in after so long. Some internal server error again.

First of all, Happy New Year to all my beloved friends and whoever is reading this. ;)

So, how did you guys countdown? well.. i had mine at sentosa. Nope, i was working so basically i had a free countdown with such a happening crowd. Was having a great time there, definitely.

Well, as i waved goodbye to 2003, i would like to say as much as i would love to embrace this year with a brand new resolution, hope, confidence, i fear as much to. Like previous years, i set resolutions that right now a year has pass and i look at them and i'm bringing it forward to this year as well. One of my resolution last year was able to have a happy family meal together. Much as i wanted to, right now, this year all of us are separated even further than the year before. But i tell myself as long as i still love them, no matter what, i'll still work towards it and i'm sure one fine day it'll come true. After so long, for those who been reading my blog, you'll know i'm someone bag with lots of problems - family problems ; so to speak. In the beginning of the year, i use to feel very upset over two things. One - my family. Second - my two friends, June and Gloria. Throughout the year, i've been trying out lots of ways to rebuild my friendship with them. Both of them were once my extremely best friends, someone i share my problems to, someone who listens to me, someone who cares about me. However due to some problems on my own, i fail to give them the best i should; i fail to make the essential effort because i was hoping things will turn out better. But that was so wrong, because never did i know as i left some things unhandled to solve on its own, hoping that time will make everything better? Then in the midst of the year, some issues about life, and also what i learn in my religion, woke me up. I realise everything in life you gotta make consistent efforts, even a small one like - sending a sms can make things turn out for the better. So, throughout the year, besides the accumulated family problems, my personal problems, i've been thinking hard every night how should i make it up to them. I tried telling them how much they mean to me, how much i will always be there for them, always. It isn't helping , yet i understand why. Because they say things are no longer the same. Right now, June's overseas i heard, i've never talk to her again, i miss her but she'll never know. As for Gloria, we are talking now again, but each time i fear and i daren't put too much high hopes even though i'll still put in lots of effort. And everytime we chat, i always think it as though its the last time we are chatting and i really appreciate and treasure the every single word that comes out from her. Why? It's an act that i constantly tell myself i shouldn't take the person for granted. I know it's difficult for her to even confide in me, well i don't blame her. Even my own sister could be like that, what's more can i expect from a friend, a best friend. Least to say, i'm contented. As for June, i'm still trying to contact her.

Therefore this year, i hope to build up more stronger friendships; to put in more efforts to make my friends happier. To be there rain or shine. To listen, and wipe away their tears. I'm not gonna repeat my mistake again. That's one of my resolution.

No comments: