Saturday, February 15, 2003

15th day of Chinese New Year


I just finished my workshop, gotta meet Vincent to get present later. So how was Valentine's day yesterday? i got a few gifts from my friends, yup thanks Viv for that heart-shaped thingy. and surprisingly i got this bear frm this ger in another lecture group. was kinda shocked but i still managed to open my mouth and thanked her. oh shitsss!! it's raining! The scene in town yesterday was a parade of couples, girl's dressed up, holding on to bouquet of flowers, and guys for once were much "better" looking. Valentine's day a time for marketers to think of new promotions, make profits and so on. As usual, restaurants were full, long queued, etc..

Hmm i heard frm this fren of my, that she specially went to buy this dress for Valentine's day to go out with her bf. She says that if you don't dressed up, then that would defeats the purpose of having celebrate Valentine's day. So, yesterday i happen to meet her in town with her bf, i think it was really over-exaggerating, she over-do her make-up, and so on..

Like many would say Valentine's day is a every-day-thing, though i may agree but still i would do something special, something i would not have the time to do during "normal days" (that would apply if i'm attached), things like you would do to really make the day lit up with surprises and programmes lined up, definitely not like having dinner at Equinox where you'll be treated to spectacular views of Singapore and yet having to wait to be seated. A simple home-cooked meal yourself will do good. ( but that also depends what kind of gf u have). I've really am lost for words when i saw her yesterday, especially when she tell me it defeats the purpose if she did not doll up herself. hey c'mon lah huh.. grow up!

Every valentine's day it'll reminds me of this song Adam Sandler - Grow old with you . was my all-time favourite song, i love the lyrics of the song, though it's a very short song. and it somehow brings back good memories, like my dad would play on the piano and sing to my mum when she wasn't too happy, etc. Yap, those were the days...


"I wanna make you smile whenever you're sad
Carry you around when your arthritis is bad
All I wanna do is grow old with you
I'll get your medicine when your tummy aches
Build you a fire if the furnace breaks
Oh it could be so nice, growing old with you....
So let me do the dishes in our kitchen sink
Put you to bed if you've had too much to drink
I could be the man who grows old with you
I wanna grow old with you"


So today, i suppose is the Chinese valentine's day rite? hmm i'm nt very sure, many of my friends are having dinners are their grandparents place. uh-huh, so fun! nice weather (after the rain), nice song playing, been having a great day, but why do i still sulk?

Winamp playing : Adam Sandler - Grow old with you

No comments: