Tuesday, March 25, 2003

Life as a babysitter


Yes!! i'm gonna look after my cousins - 6 of them, all in primary school, for 2 weeks! i must say it's really not easy! Reason : Our parents are away at Thailand for a wedding dinner and they decided to stay there for 2 weeks. Heard the bride is a Thai and the groom is a Singaporean, so they held a wedding ceremony here and the second one back at Thailand. That must be tiring...

Yesterday was the first day i actually experienced looking after so many kids, despite having one of their maids here. It actually doesn't make any difference when i'm home. Let's see, i've to wake up at 5 the lastest, make breakfast, wake them up at 530am (that's really a hazzard!) i can't, they are sleeping so soundly! In fact, part of me felt so bad to wake them up from their little wonderlands.. hah so yesterday morning, the maid was busy so i had to help my cousin tie her hair? She's in primary 3, and her hair is really long and my clumsy hands just couldn't grab all of her hair and i've no slightest idea on how to tie? hehe so i just grab wat i can and tie it. ahah it was hmmm messy with strands of hair sticking out. :( i've tried my best...haha..:X so she screamed " KOR KOR! my hair!!!!!!!!" hahah... That's the first day of school! hhah..., more to come i guess...

Sunday i brought them out for dinner, nothing really fascinating, just some fast food which they love. Thanks to Mac donalds coupons that help me save money! haha.. ok i'm not being cheapskate but you know... money isn't easy to earn..haha.. We went to archade, play some games like daytona, bish bash champ? (not quite sure wat's that) hand was really pain after that, not because i was hitting it, but rather my cousins were hitting my hand that i stupidly placed them on the button! We went to take neoprints, photos as well. We saw a group of Japanese tourists, and they took a picture with us, after we offer our help to help them take a group picture. I must say kids really are the "natural-kind-of-expressions" when it comes to photo taking... no fake smiles, etc... anyway i did enjoyed myself, i always did when there's kids around. i simply love them to the core! That's the best day of the week i guess..

I had finally managed to register for my GCE exam. Due to some science subjects because of the practicals part, i faced some problems, i'm glad is over. It's really not a piece of cake studying for it as well as handling my current school work, projects, work, tuitions, etc.. i'll probably be the top flunker next year when the results are announced. You may think then why in the first place take the exam? well, i guess i shan't delay it any longer as i did last year, i'll just try my best...

I'm too tired now, gonna sleep and wake up in 3 hours time....

Winamp playing : Matchbox twenty - why can't we be friends

No comments: