Saturday, March 29, 2003

SARs and ME


Finally i finish typing my report for my project, actually i'm still not done with the other projects which are unfortunately dued next week. I've been facing the computer for the past few days for hours and hours till late night. Next week i'm gonna have my presentation as well, and right now i feel i've got even more to do! My mind is still pretty much asleep..

Because of SAR :
  • i slacked more at work ( ghost town of late )
  • Hot topic in school... everyone is like going " SArr...SArr...SArr.." echoes of it fill the canteen..
  • i frequent the hospital more often
  • swimming training was postponed
  • Tuition was postponed as well till the following week
  • Petitions online from both poly and uni grads (simply lame, the government won't give a damn to that)

    The following is an extract from yesterday's new paper.

    "WHY aren't the Institutes of Technical Education (ITE), polytechnics and universities ordered to close - just like the rest of the schools?

    That is what students from these institutions and their parents are asking. If MOE says such students are more mature, what about those in junior colleges?

    Poly students are no older than JC students.

    Mrs K Tan, the wife of a lecturer at Nanyang Polytechnic, asked: 'Are JC students considered more precious than polytechnic students?

    'The ministries say that the reason for their decision is that university students are mature enough to make the right decisions - but aren't polytechnic students the same age as JC pupils?'


    I personally feel that we should just drop this debate on whether we should close the poly and so on, i mean it's already said that our system is different from jcs. We are going semester by semester, this will affect our exams, those who are graduating as well.. anyway i see there's an increase in the no of people wearing the mask, taking precautions over SARs.. Seriously, the number of people who are infected are gradually increasing.. so people please take good care...

    There had been so many things going on lately, i just feel so drained out. Things i don't know how to go about handling them, everything is going too swiftly, things are happening out of the blue, too sudden. Sometimes i just feel so lost alone. Then would i pick up my guitar or hit my piano, hoping that i would play away my hidden emotions...it's as though you feel like shouting but the words won't come out. "Can someone hear me shout?".. but well who will give a damn to that.. anyway in my previous blog, i said my parents might me making arrangements for my grandma back in Singapore, and because of the outbreak of SARs, they changed their minds. Though we share the same thoughts, but it was also dissapointment that i felt. By the way, my parents are in Australia now with my uncles and aunties, to avoid returning to Singapore for the time being. Looks like SARs had really affected me quite a bit in one way or another...

    I'm feeling rather vexed now, gonna leave the sight of facing the computer for a few hours as i head down to the esplanade, boat quey for some photo shootings. Back to viewing the night scenes at Benjamin Sheares Bridge.

    Earlier on i brought my cousins out for dinner, they were like so bored at home, i guess i need some "kids-entertainment-kit". I install some computer games on their PCs, loaded them with some more vcds, playstation games..

    p.s : daven thanks for that card.. :)

    And now it's just an image that I find
    Like the paintings in my mind


    Winamp Playing :Tommy Page - paintings in my mind
  • No comments: